Are you looking for the best gift ideas for the audiobook addict in your life? Look no further! Here we’ve compiled the best gifts for audiobook lovers – from audiobook subscriptions, technology, clothing, and more! Read on to find the perfect audiobook gift, no matter your budget.
Best Audiobook Gift Ideas
Audiobook Gift Memberships
Why not give the gift of listening? One of the best gifts for audiobook addicts is an Audible Premium Plus subscription. Gifting Audible Premium Plus allows the recipient to listen to unlimited audiobooks from the Plus Catalog each month, as well as receiving one credit that can be exchanged for any title in the Premium Selection (and they get to keep this audiobook forever, even after the subscription ends). You can also choose the subscription length of your gift (1, 3, 6, or 12 months).
Is your audiobook addict already an Audible member? No problem! Current Audible members will receive all credits from a redeemed gift membership at once and their current plan will not be interrupted. Speaking as an Audible member, I would love to receive extra credits as a gift.
Looking for an Audible alternative? These are some of our favorite audiobook services with gift options:
- Audiobooks.com Gift Subscription. With a large catalog and excellent app, Audiobooks.com offers a comparable experience to Audible without being Audible.
- Libro.fm Credit Bundles. A Social Purpose Corporation, Libro.fm makes it possible for you to buy audiobooks directly through your local bookstore.
- Scribd Gift Subscription. With unlimited reading and listening, Scribd is known as the “Netflix for books”.
You can learn more about these services in our guide: 5 Best Alternatives to Audible
Headphones for Listening to Audiobooks
A quality pair of headphones such as the Bose QuietComfort 45 are a great gift for audiobook lovers. World-class noise cancellation means audiobook fans can listen in peace no matter where they are.
Some other headphones for listening to audiobooks we like are:
- JBL tune 520 BT. At around $50, the value for money with these headphones is outstanding.
- Anker Soundcore Q45. These mid-range headphones are super comfy and a 50-hour battery life makes them great for traveling.
- Sleep Headphones. If you don’t mind too much about sound quality and just want something comfortable for listening in bed these are worth a try!
- Shokz OpenRun Pro. These unique bone-conduction headphones don’t cover your ears or block your ear canal making them a great option for those who want situational awareness while doing an activity.
You can read more about these two headphones plus find more recommendations in our guide: 12 Best Headphones for Listening to Audiobooks
Earbuds for Listening to Audiobooks
Similarly, a quality pair of wireless earbuds could be the perfect gift for your audiobook addict! Wireless earbuds are small and convenient, allowing your audiobook fan to listen wherever they go. Personally, I love to listen to a good story while walking or running outside.
My personal favorite are the Anker Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro earphones which offer great comfort, sound quality, and noise-cancellation at a reasonable price.
Some other good picks are:
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM. These are a good pick if you are willing to spend the extra money for all the bells and whistles with great sound quality.
- JBL VIBE 100. If you are on a budget these are a decent all-rounder.
- Apple Airpods Pro. While I think there are better earbuds options, these may still be a good pick for Apple fans.
Audiobook Player for Kids
Why not share your love of audiobooks with your kids? The Yoto Player is a neat little screen-free device that plays audiobook stories, music, activities, sound effects, radio, and podcasts for children. You can watch the following video to see how it works:
A smart speaker, such as the Amazon Echo smart speaker, is a fantastic way to enjoy audiobooks.
The Amazon Echo offers premium sound, making it perfect for music as well as audiobooks, and as it is an Amazon product, it easily connects to Audible accounts. This smart speaker will give your audiobook lover the ability to ask Alexa to play your audiobooks with simple commands such as “Alexa, read my book,” “Alexa, what’s in my Audible library?” and “Alexa, what are my books?”
So if you know someone who listens to audiobooks with Audible and would enjoy a smart speaker, an Amazon Echo could be the perfect gift!
Another gift audiobook lovers will enjoy (especially if they also like ebooks) is the Kindle Paperwhite.
This makes a great gift for audiobook addicts, as the Paperwhite is equipped with the capability to play Audible audiobooks through Bluetooth headphones, earbuds, or speakers! So not only can you read e-books on a paperwhite, but you can also listen to your favorite Audible books as well!
Another popular option is the Kobo Clara 2E which is made with ocean-bound and recycled plastic and comes with 16GB of storage to hold your entire library of eBooks and Kobo audiobooks.
T-shirts are a fun and budget-friendly gift any audiobook fan will enjoy. My favorite is the “I Don’t Discriminate” shirt pictured above. After all, a good book is a good book, whether read or heard – isn’t that right?
This unisex shirt is made from cotton and comes in sizes S-XXL and is available to order on Etsy.
Some of my other favorites available on Etsy are:
- “Binge Listener” Audiobook T-Shirt
- “I Love Audiobooks” Audiobook T-Shirt
- “My Weekend Is Audiobooked” T-Shirt
- “Audiobook Addict” Audiobook T-Shirt
- “I Paused My Audiobook To Be Here” T-Shirt
- “Coffee Cats Audiobooks” T-Shirt
There’s nothing better than curling up with a cup of tea or coffee and a good audiobook, so why not get a gift your audiobook fan can enjoy with their current listen? The audiobook addiction mug above is my personal favorite.
Some of my other favorites available on Etsy are:
- “Earbuds in. World out. Audiobook on.” Mug
- “I Love Audiobooks” Mug
- “Audiobooks Are My Therapy” Mug
- “Listen. Imagine. Explore.” Audiobook Camping Mug
Book and Library Scented Candles
This Old Bookshop Soy candle is richly scented and evokes the feeling of an old library with leather-bound books, aged pages, and creaking floors.
What’s your favorite audiobook gift idea? Please share in the comments section below!