Audible is the world’s largest producer and provider of audiobooks. You can try Audible free for 30-days and experience the world’s largest library of audiobooks with the Audible free trial.
In this guide, we cover how the Audible free trial works, how to start an Audible trial membership, why we like Audible, and many more frequently asked questions about Audible.
Audible Free Trial
What do you get with the Audible free trial?
The Audible free trial comes with a 30-day membership which includes:
- One free audiobook and any (or all!) of the Audible Originals in the current month’s selection.
- Easy exchanges. If you don’t like your audiobook you can swap it free for another.
- Exclusive guided wellness programs to help you achieve your meditation and fitness goals.
- No obligation. You can cancel anytime, and your audiobooks will be yours to keep forever. You’ll even get a friendly email reminder before your trial ends.
How does Audible free trial work?
Your Audible membership is free for 30 days. If you enjoy your Audible trial, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue. Audible will even send you an email reminder before your trial ends, that way you won’t have any unexpected charges. You can cancel Audible online anytime before your trial ends and you won’t be charged.
How can I start an Audible trial membership?
- Go to the Audible Free Trial page on the Audible desktop site.
- Sign in to Audible using your Amazon account information or create a new account if you don’t already have an Amazon account.
- Click TRY AUDIBLE FREE.
- Download the free Audible app and start listening on your iOS or Android device. You can also listen on compatible Fire tablets, Kindles, Sonos devices, and more.
Is the Audible free trial really free?
Yes. This is a zero-risk way to try Audible. If you find you enjoy the service, Audible hopes you remain a member.
Of course, you can always cancel your membership before the end of the trial, end up paying nothing, and walk away with a free audiobook. I’m confident, though, that once you have tried Audible you will want to keep your membership. As you can see in the below screenshot, I have been a member since March 14, 2008:
There are a number of audiobook services, so why is Audible so great? Here is the full story on what benefits you get with an Audible membership:
- Get one audiobook every month. Members get 1 credit a month — good for any title regardless of length or price.
- Listen to Audible Originals, audio titles that are exclusive to Audible.
- Never pay full price. Used up your monthly credits? Members can buy additional titles at any time for 30% off the list price, plus get access to exclusive sales and daily deals.
- Build your audiobook collection. When you purchase an audiobook, it stays in your Audible library for you to access forever — even if you cancel.
Flexibility and Exceptional Service
- Quick and easy exchanges. Not loving a listen? Members can exchange Audible books and choose another.
- Rollover unused credits. Still deciding on your next audiobook? Members can keep their credits to use the following month, for up to a year.
- Flexibility. You can easily cancel or pause your membership any time, hassle-free.
- Superior quality. Audible audiobooks are either read by professional narrators or by the author.
- Huge selection. Audible has an ever-expanding library of more than 400,000 audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, and podcasts.
Convenient Listening with the Audible App
- Listen anytime, anywhere. Always pick up where you left off. Enjoy while jogging, driving, working out, or taking a walk.
- Offline Access. Download your audiobooks to your app so you can listen without using data or Wi-Fi — at no extra cost.
- Customizable Narration Speed. Pick the pace that works for you. Vary the listening speed from 0.5x to 3x.
- Sleep Timer. Don’t lose your place when you fall asleep. Set a timer for up to an hour, or until the end of the chapter.
Like the sound of membership? Click here to try audible free today.
Still have more questions about Audible? We answer some of the most common questions below:
Audible offers two membership options with two different payment plans:
• Gold monthly: $14.95/month, 1 credit per month.
• Platinum monthly: $22.95/month, 2 credits per month.
• Gold annual: $149.50/year, 12 credits a year.
• Platinum annual: $229.50/year, 24 credits a year.
Audible also offers Audible Escape, a special subscription plan for Romance fans.
As an Audible member, you’ll receive credits as part of your membership benefits. The number of credits you get depends on your membership plan. You can use a credit to purchase any audiobook regardless of price.
From time to time, Audible members will receive special offers to purchase additional credits at a discounted rate.
Credits do expire. You have up to one year after the issue date to use any credit you receive.
Audible members can download any (or all!) of the Audible Originals in the monthly selection. They will not cost you credits and the Audible Originals you choose are yours to keep forever. A new selection of titles to choose from will be available every month on the first Friday of the month.
No. Audible is a subscription service, however, some content may be heavily discounted or free for members. Members receive credits each month or year that can be used to purchase any audiobook on the site – regardless of price.
You can enroll in the Audible trial membership and after the first free month of listening, the standard monthly subscription fee is $14.95.
No. An Audible membership is separate from a Prime membership.
Would you like to sign up for the Audible free trial? Click here to try Audible.
Would you like 3 free audiobooks?
Get 3 audiobooks on us! Choose from a premium library of more than 200,000 titles, including bestsellers and new releases. Listen anywhere on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.