Audible is the leading creator and provider of audiobooks and other spoken-word content. The Audible free trial lets you try either of its two main membership options – Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus – free for 30 days. This means you can try Audible risk-free and without commitment. How does Audible work? What do you get with the Audible free trial? In this guide, I’ll answer these questions and give my verdict on the question: is the Audible free trial worth it?
Audible Free Trial
How does Audible work?
Audible is an online audiobook service owned by Amazon. Audiobooks and other forms of spoken word content can be purchased individually, or under a subscription model where you receive credits with an Audible membership.
Audible membership grants you access to a number of exclusive benefits that add value to your listening experience (we cover these in detail below). Benefits vary by membership plan.
As an Audible member, you have a choice of two main types of membership: Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus. Both memberships offer a 30-day free trial. When your trial is over, you’ll be automatically charged a monthly subscription fee. The following tables provide a summary of the two memberships:
- Listen all you want to a growing selection of included: Originals, audiobooks, meditation programs, sleep tracks, podcasts
- $7.95 a month after trial
- Cancel anytime
- Everything with Audible Plus
- Plus, 1 title per month from Audible’s entire catalog — yours to keep.
- $14.95 a month after trial
- Cancel anytime
Tip: if you are undecided I recommend going with the Audible Premium Plus free trial. You’ll get to pick any audiobook from Audible’s entire catalog and you can always change to the Audible Plus subscription (or cancel) at a later time.
What are the benefits of Audible?
I’m a big Audible fan. As you can see in the below screenshot, I have been a member since March 14, 2008:
Why I have been an Audible member for so long? Simply because an Audible membership provides incredible value for audiobook listeners. Here is the full story on what benefits you get with an Audible membership:
- Listen to Audible Originals, audio titles that are exclusive to Audible.
- Never pay full price. Used up your monthly credits? Members can buy additional titles at any time for 30% off the list price, plus get access to exclusive sales and daily deals.
- Build your audiobook collection. When you purchase an audiobook, it stays in your Audible library for you to access forever — even if you cancel.
Flexibility and exceptional service
- Quick and easy exchanges. Not loving a listen? Members can exchange Audible books and choose another.
- Rollover unused credits. Still deciding on your next audiobook? Members can keep their credits to use the following month, for up to a year.
- Flexibility. You can easily cancel or pause your membership any time, hassle-free.
- Superior quality. Audible audiobooks are either read by professional narrators or by the author.
- Huge selection. Audible has an ever-expanding library of more than 600,000 audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, and podcasts.
Convenient listening with the Audible app
- Listen anytime, anywhere. Always pick up where you left off. Enjoy while jogging, driving, working out, or taking a walk.
- Offline Access. Download your audiobooks to your app so you can listen without using data or Wi-Fi — at no extra cost.
- Customizable Narration Speed. Pick the pace that works for you. Vary the listening speed from 0.5x to 3x.
- Sleep Timer. Don’t lose your place when you fall asleep. Set a timer for up to an hour, or until the end of the chapter.
Are you ready to try Audible for free? Click here to get the Audible free trial offer.
What do you get with the Audible free trial?
The Audible free trial comes with a 30-day membership which includes:
- Listen to unlimited audiobooks and spoken word content in the Audible Plus Catalog.
- Choose a free Premium title that you can keep forever from an unmatched library of audiobooks.
- Easy exchanges. If you don’t like your audiobook you can swap it free for another.
- Exclusive guided wellness programs to help you achieve your meditation and fitness goals.
- No obligation. You can cancel anytime, and your audiobooks will be yours to keep forever. You’ll even get a friendly email reminder before your trial ends.
How does the Audible free trial work?
Your Audible membership is free for 30 days. If you enjoy your Audible trial, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue.
Audible will even send you an email reminder before your trial ends, that way you won’t have any unexpected charges. You can cancel Audible online anytime before your trial ends and you won’t be charged.
Verdict: is the Audible free trial worth it?
Audible is a one-stop listening destination for people who love quality audio storytelling—from podcasts to audiobooks and everything in between. Is Audible worth it? Yes, Audible delivers a tremendous amount of value to its members which is why I’ve been a member since 2008. But instead of me trying to convince you further my suggestion is just to give it a try! It’s free for one whole month and you can easily cancel online and at any time. Audible will even send you an email reminder before your trial ends, that way you won’t have any unexpected charges.
You can start the Audible free trial here: click here to try Audible free.
FAQ – Audible free trial details
Do you have more questions about Audible? Here are some answers to some common Audible questions:
Would you like to try Audible free? If so, you can access the Audible free trial here: