With over 100,000 titles available, Audible.com is the largest online provider of digital audiobooks. One of the great things about Audible.com is that it offers a 30-day free trial of its audio book download service. The Audible.com free trial includes the following:
- 2 free audiobooks. Available for immediate download.
- Choose from over 100,000 audio books. Audible has a huge and ever-expanding library of audio books available for download. Audio books available to download include New Releases, New York Times Bestsellers and Award Winners.
- Listen on your iPod / MP3 player. Listen anywhere, anytime on iPod, iPhone, Android, Kindle, BlackBerry and over 500 mp3 devices.
- No obligation. Cancel your membership before your free trial period is up and you will not be charged (yes, you can keep the audio book you downloaded).
There are a number of places online where you can download audio books, so why should you sign up with Audible? Here are some reasons why I’m a member:
- Huge selection. Choose from an ever-expanding library of more than 100,000 audio books, magazines, newspapers, and podcasts.
- Superior quality. Audible audio books are either read by professional narrators or by the author.
- Big discounts. Even if you’ve exceeded the number of credits in your account, you’ll still enjoy substantial savings because you’ll be receiving your membership discount of 30% off any books purchased in excess of your monthly credits.
- Exclusive member-only sales. Gain access to members-only sales, promotions and content deals.
- Bookmarking Feature. Audible’s patented bookmarking technology allows you to bookmark your exact position so it’s saved when you turn off your MP3 player. When you’re ready to pick back up where you left off your player will resume from the exact point at which you stopped.
- Immediately available. Stop waiting for books or CDs to arrive in the mail. With Audible you can download a title and begin listening to it in just minutes.
- Convenient. Transfer your audiobooks to your portable listening device and listen to them anywhere and anytime. Listen while jogging, driving, working out or taking a walk.
How does the Audible.com Free Trial work?
- Sign up for a new account (you can do with quickly by using your Amazon.com account if you have one).
- Download the Audible software (available for Windows and Mac, or as an iTunes add-on if you’re doing the iPod/iPhone).
- Select and download your free audio book.
- Transfer the audio book to your portable listening device.
After the 30-day free trial expires, you’ll start getting billed $14.95 per month for your Gold Membership. This membership entitles you to 1 credit per month (most audio books can be downloaded for 1 credit), 30 percent off any additional purchases, and a free subscription to audio versions of The New York Times or Wall Street Journal.
Of course, you can always cancel your account before the end of the trial, end up paying nothing, and walk away with a free audiobook. However, I’m confident that once you have tried Audible you will want to keep your membership. As you can see in the below screen shot, I have been a member since March 14, 2008.
Why join Audible.com vs. purchasing one audio book at a time?
- Save money. On the Audible site, credits are used as currency and applied to any purchase. One credit equals one audio selection (a very small number of titles are more than one credit). Audio books purchased with credits are up to 75% off retail audio book CD prices. Members also get a 30% discount on additional audio books.
- More books when you want them. The average reader gets through only 5 books a year, but the average Audible member listens to 17 books a year. That’s because Audible members can take their reading to go and listen on demand.
- Listen at your own pace. Enjoy listening to your books at your own pace with Audible’s convenient rollover credits. If you don’t use your credits by the end of the month they’ll be rolled over into the following month for up to 6 months.
- No obligation. Cancel anytime. Audible is so certain you’ll love their service that they offer a no hassle cancellation policy. If for any reason whatsoever you’re not pleased with their service, simply cancel your Audible account and keep the audio book you’ve downloaded. Unlike some companies that make it hard to cancel, Audible allows you to easily cancel your membership via their website.
Sound good? You can try Audible.com and get 2 free audiobooks by clicking the button below: