How to Return or Exchange an Audiobook on Audible
A benefit of Audible membership is that if you’re unhappy with your audiobook, you can return or exchange it easily so long as it’s within 365 days of the original purchase. This risk-free exchange policy allows active members to take a chance on a new narrator or story without losing a credit.
How to Make Audible Exchanges or Returns
- Go to your Account Details page on the Audible desktop site.
- Click Purchase History.
- Click Return next to the book you want to return.
- Select your reason for return, then click Return.
After returning your audiobook, you will receive confirmation indicating the return was successful.
- Go to www.audible.com on your device and sign into your account.
- Tap Menu and then My Account.
- Tap Purchase History.
- Tap on the book you want to return.
- Tap Return.
- Choose the reason why you want to return the book and tap Return.
After returning your audiobook, you will receive a confirmation on screen indicating the return was successful. Note: if you see Online Return Unavailable, you will need to contact Audible Customer Care to initiate the return.
What Type of Refund Will You Receive from Audible?
You will be refunded with the same method of payment you used to purchase the title. For example:
- Titles purchased with credits will be refunded with credits.
- Titles purchased with a coupon will be refunded with a new coupon.
Members who purchased their title with a credit(s) will receive their credit(s) back immediately to use for their next Audible purchase. Members who purchased a title with another form of payment will receive their refund in approximately 7 to 10 business days, depending on the issuing financial institution.
Can Non-Members Return or Exchange Audiobooks with Audible?
No, the ability to exchange an audiobook is a benefit available exclusively to active members.