Audible is the world’s largest retailer of audiobooks and spoken-word content. In August 2020, Audible launched a new all-you-listen service called Audible Plus providing access to a catalog with thousands of titles. In this Audible Plus review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about this service, including details on how to access the Audible Plus free trial that lets you try the service free for the first month.
- What is Audible Plus?
- What’s available on Audible Plus?
- What does Audible Plus cost?
- How do you listen to titles with Audible Plus?
- What titles are included in the Audible Plus catalog?
- What are the benefits of Audible Plus?
- What is the difference between Audible Plus and Premium Plus?
- Verdict – Is Audible Plus worth it?
What is Audible Plus?
Audible Plus is an all-you-can-listen membership that offers access to thousands of titles, including a vast array of audiobooks, podcasts, and originals (content that has been produced by Audible and is exclusive to the service).
What’s available on Audible Plus?
Audible Plus offers unlimited access to a robust catalog of fresh and original audio entertainment. At launch, Audible Plus included 68,000+ hours of content and 11,000+ titles. The catalog continues to grow with new titles added weekly.
What does Audible Plus cost?
The subscription is free to try for your first month. After that, it is $7.95 a month.
How do you listen to titles with Audible Plus?
To start listening with Audible Plus:
- Sign up. You can click here to access the Audible Plus free trial.
- Get the Audible app. Download the free Audible app to start listening on your iOS or Android device. You can also listen on any Alexa-enabled device, compatible Fire tablets, Kindles, Sonos devices, and more.
- Browse the catalog. The catalog offers more than 11,000 pieces of content and more than 68,000 hours of entertainment. Titles with the “included” label are available with Audible Plus.
- Listen. Hit “play now” to stream titles instantly from the app. You can also save titles to your library to download and listen offline.
What titles are included in the Audible Plus catalog?
Audible Plus includes unlimited listening to the Audible Plus catalog, which includes select audiobooks, Audible Originals, podcasts, wellness programs, and more.
Once you’re signed in, Audible Plus titles have an orange “included” label (see screenshot below):
What are the benefits of Audible Plus?
Benefits of Audible Plus include:
- Unlimited listening. Access select audiobooks, Audible Originals, podcasts, wellness programs, and more for only $7.95/month.
- Free trial month. You can cancel anytime before your trial ends and you won’t be charged. There are no commitments and no cancellation fees.
- Anywhere, anytime listening. The free Audible app means you can listen when commuting, exercising, running errands, or just washing dishes!
What is the difference between Audible Plus and Premium Plus?
Audible offers two main types of membership: Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus. The difference between Audible Plus and Premium Plus are summarized in the table below:
Still unsure which option is right for you? We have written an in-depth comparison here: Audible Plus vs. Premium Plus.
Verdict – Is Audible Plus worth it?
Audible Plus delivers a one-stop listening destination for people who love quality audio storytelling—from podcasts to audiobooks and everything in between. Some of the reasons we enjoy this new service:
- Original content. Audible Plus has a wide range of talent, including Blake Griffin, Carey Mulligan, Jesse Eisenberg, Alan Cumming, Jamie Lee Curtis, St. Vincent, Common, Tom Morello, and more of your favorite artists and stars—with new releases every week.
- Unlimited listening. The Audible Plus catalog includes thousands of titles spanning a variety of topics and genres, including exclusive and original podcasts, audiobooks, wellness programs, Originals, and more—all in one place at one price.
My suggestion? Give Audible Plus a try! It’s free for one whole month and you can easily cancel online and at any time. Audible will even send you an email reminder before your trial ends, that way you won’t have any unexpected charges.